Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Greek Salad


I had never made Greek salad before because I couldn't find a recipe which I liked. So I made up my own. This serves 4 people as a side dish.

Ingredients:

  • 3 roma tomatoes, halved lengthways then cut into thirds
  • 1 red or green capsicum, halved, then sliced 
  • 1 shallot, roughly chopped
  • 5 or 6 sun dried tomatoes, cut into 1cm pieces
  • 1/4 cup whole Kalamata olives, pitted
  • 1/2 cucumber, roughly chopped into chunks
  • 200g low-fat fetta cheese, roughly cut into cubes
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano


Dressing:

  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • Freshly ground pepper


Method:

  1. Place the fetta on paper towel to soak up any moisture before cubing
  2. Toss all salad ingredients into a large bowl (except the fetta)
  3. Mix the dressing ingredients well (shaking in a glass jar works best)
  4. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss gently
  5. Just before serving, add the fetta cubes and toss very lightly.

D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment