Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Green Beef Curry



Using the green curry paste from Aldi, I made the tastiest, easiest Thai curry using Chuck steak from my local butcher. Whilst shopping at Woolies last week I picked up a 5kg bag of Basmati Rice for $6.82 which is about 50% off. This huge bag will last us a couple of months so it's always a good idea to grab these bags when you see them. This dish serves 4 with rice.

Ingredients:

  • 2 tablespoons green curry paste
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 x 400g tin coconut cream or milk (I used low-fat cream)
  • 500g chuck steak, cubed
  • A handful of snow peas
  • 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
  • 1 cup broccoli florets and stalk, cut into chunks
  • 1 tablespoon fish sauce
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar


Method:

  1. Add the oil and curry paste to a wok on a high heat and cook for 1 minute
  2. Add the coconut cream/milk, stir well, bring to the boil then simmer for 5mins
  3. Add the chuck steak and simmer on a low heat for about 30mins
  4. Add the carrots and broccoli and  simmer for a further 20mins
  5. Add the snow peas, brown sugar and fish sauce. stir well and simmer for 5mins
  6. Serve on a bed of rice and garnish with coriander if you have it.
D-E-L-icious  XD

5kg bag rice from Woolies


Green curry paste from Aldi



No comments:

Post a Comment