Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pork Chops with Orange and Maple Syrup Glaze


This recipe is from the $120 Food Challenge Cookbook and is wonderfully moist, tasty and affordable. After marinating the pork for 30mins, cooking only takes about 10mins so it's quite a fast meal. This serves 4 with a salad or steamed veg on the side.

Ingredients:

  • 1/3 cup orange juice
  • 3 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • Spray oil for cooking
  • 4 cloves garlic, crushed or finely chopped
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander (I used dried)
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 tablespoon smoky paprika
  • 4 pork chops (I used heart smart steaks)


Method:

  1. Mix all ingredients, except the pork, in a small bowl
  2. Remove 3 tablespoons of the marinade and set aside
  3. Place the remaining marinade in a non-metallic bowl, add the pork and coat well
  4. Cover and marinate for about 30mins (or overnight for extra flavour)
  5. Remove the pork from the marinade and pan-fry in spray oil 5mins each side (I used a griddle)
  6. Alternatively you could BBQ or grill them
  7. Brush remainder of marinade over the pork while cooking

This was a winner with the family and will become a family staple.  D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment