Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Friday, November 9, 2012

Topped Potato Skins


These potato skins are to die for. They are very versatile because you can use various toppings. I used low fat tasty cheese and diced ham. I'll admit - this is not a fast cooking recipe - it takes time, but it certainly is easy. This serves four as a side dish, but you could make as many as you want.

Ingredients:

  • 3 or 4 large potatoes, cut in half lengthways, then half again (like wedges)
  • 1/2 cup low-fat tasty cheese
  • 1/2 cup diced ham
  • Salt and pepper
  • Dried herbs (your choice of flavour)
  • Spray oil


Method:

  1. Carefully remove the raw potato from the skin leaving about 0.5cm of potato (see above image)
  2. After removing as much potato as possible from the skins, lay the skins on a baking tray
  3. Spray with spray oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper and herbs
  4. Cook in 180 degree celsius oven for 45mins
  5. When they come out of the oven they look like the photo below:


The final thing to do is place diced ham on the skins, then top with the cheese. Cook for another 10mins on 180 degrees OR place under a warm-hot grill and watch them. Remove once the cheese has melted...D-E-L-icious  XD

Note: Either make mashed potato or potato salad with the potato you removed from the skins.

No comments:

Post a Comment