Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Monday, May 13, 2013

A new cookbook



For Mothers Day yesterday I was given a new cookbook. The author, Julie Goodwin is a down to earth Australian mother who entered a cooking competition a few years back and won! She was the first winner of popular TV show, Masterchef Australia.

I watched this woman with such admiration from day one and I knew she would win. She is a wonderful cook with a beautiful personality.

I loved this woman's cooking style so much that I bribed hubby to build us a new kitchen. The moment it was done, I was in there cooking up a storm, cooking Julie's home-made, simple yet delicious meals for families...and hence began my blog.

There is nothing fancy about my blog and there is nothing fancy about Julie. That's what I love about her. Her meals are easy, affordable and perfect for busy families. So the next series of blog posts are going to be from Julie's book called 'Gather'. This is her third cooking book. It is beautifully presented with amazing photography, but there is nothing 'fancy' about the recipes. If I can make them - so can you.

Follow along and if you find something you like, give it a try. Check out Julie's website too.

No comments:

Post a Comment