Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Broccoli and Pine Nut Pasta


This has only 6 ingredients, is very healthy, fast and easy...perfect for the busy family. This serves 4 generous bowls as a main or 6-8 serves if using as a side dish.

Ingredients:

  • 300g pasta of your choice
  • 400g broccoli (florets and stalks, finely cut)
  • 100g pine nuts (toasted)
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
  • Salt & pepper to taste
Method:
  1. Boil pasta of your choice as per instructions
  2. Boil the broccoli in salted water for 4-6 minutes, drain, but leave 1/4 cup water aside
  3. Place the cooked pasta and broccoli into a large bowl, add the reserved water, toasted pine nuts, garlic, olive oil, parmesan cheese and salt & pepper and mix well
  4. Serve while hot.
  5. Nice served with crusty bread. D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment