Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Chicken Laksa



This laksa dish is very easy, tasty and pretty quick to make. It serves 4-5 generous bowls and is a great winter warmer. If you love Thai flavours - you will love this simple soup-like dish.

Ingredients:

  • 1 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons laksa pasta
  • 1 and half tins coconut milk or cream (I used light coconut milk)
  • 300g chicken thigh fillets, cut into small chunks
  • 600ml water
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 red capsicum, roughly chopped
  • 1 yellow capsicum, roughly chopped
  • 5 mushrooms, quartered
  • 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
  • 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
  • 1 handful of green string beans, cut into thirds
  • 1/2 packet rice vermicelli
Method:
  1. Cook the chicken in a tablespoon of olive oil until brown
  2. Once the chicken is brown, add the water, garlic, laksa paste and coconut milk to the pan with the chicken and stir well. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes
  3. Add the carrots and beans, stir and simmer for 5 minutes
  4. Add the capsicum, mushrooms and shallots and simmer for another 5 minutes
  5. Add the vermicelli and cook for 3-4 minutes until the noodles are soft
  6. Serve while hot in soup bowls.  D-E-L-icious  XD







No comments:

Post a Comment