Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Monday, August 12, 2013

Chocolate, Almond & Date Balls


My daughter made these as a healthy treat alternative on the weekend and they are AMAZE BALLS! One is not enough so make sure you make enough to feed an army. This recipe makes about 20 balls.

Ingredients:
  • 3 cups whole raw almonds
  • 3 cups pitted dates
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
  • 3/4 cup rolled oats
  • 2 tablespoons peanut butter
  • § pinch grown cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup hot water
  • 200g shredded coconut

Method:
  1. Grind almonds in a food processor until finely chopped (not too small)
  2. Add dates, honey, cocoa, oats, peanut butter and cinnamon then pulse until combined
  3. Add the hot water and pulse again. Your mixture should develop into a thick, sticky paste
  4. Use your hands to roll the mixture into approximately 20 balls
  5. Lightly coat the balls in coconut
  6. Chill in the fridge for about 30mins before eating.
  7. Tip: To keep fresh, store in a container in the fridge for up to two weeks - but they won't last that long! D-E-L-icious XD

No comments:

Post a Comment