Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Chicken Fattoush


This recipe is similar to a Weight Watchers one, but I've adapted it to suit our needs. It is extremely healthy, easy to make, quick and delicious. It is so nice, we had it twice in the same week.

Ingredients:

  • 1 whole BBQ chicken, pulled apart and flesh pieces broken and placed into a large bowl
  • 4 pieces wholemeal pita bread - I used tortilla wraps
  • 1 Lebanese cucumber, thickly sliced
  • 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
  • 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
  • 4 radishes, thinly sliced
  • 3/4 cup fresh mint
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1 garlic clove, crushed


Method:

  1. Toast or grill the pita bread/tortilla wraps until lightly browned and let cool
  2. Add the salad vegetables to the bowl with the chicken
  3. In a separate bowl, mix the lemon juice, olive oil and garlic then pour over the chicken and salad and toss well
  4. Top the chicken and salad with broken pieces of the pita bread/tortilla wraps.
  5. Serve immediately.  D-D-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment