Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Friday, September 27, 2013

Microwave Curried Sausages


This recipe is an oldie but a goodie. It originally came from my baby brother when he was learning to cook. I've adapted it slightly but the basics are the same. It's an excellent winter warmer and always a hit with the kids...well it's sausages, so what do you expect?

Ingredients:

  • 1 onion, peeled and sliced Asian style
  • 1 large potato, peeled and diced
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • 4 large sausages, either pork or beef
  • 1 tablespoon curry power
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/4 cup plain flour
  • 1 diced carrot
  • 2 cups beef stock


Method:

  1. Pierce the sausages and place in microwave oven, cook for 3 mins on high, turn over and cook for another 3 mins
  2. Remove and slice them
  3. Add all vegies to stock and cook for 10mins on high
  4. Add curry powder, paprika and cumin and cook for another 3mins on high
  5. Add flour, stir well and cook for another 5 mins on high
  6. Add sausages (which are now sliced) and cook for 5 mins
  7. Serve on rice with a crusty roll. D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment