Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Friday, September 27, 2013

Granola Bars


Miss 16 made these Granola bars last week. They are amazing. I think it's the peanut butter which makes them special. They are easy and only have 5 ingredients.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup packed dates, pitted 
  • 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup)
  • 1/4 cup creamy salted natural peanut butter or almond butter
  • 1 cup roasted unsalted almonds, loosely chopped
  • 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
Method:
  1. Process dates in a food processor until small bits remain. Or alternatively cut them really fine. It should form a “dough” like consistency
  2. Optional step: Toast your oats in a 185 celsius degree oven for 15ish minutes or until slightly golden brown. Otherwise, leave them raw
  3. Place oats, almonds and dates in a bowl – set aside
  4. Warm honey and peanut butter in the microwave for 45-60 seconds - watch it doesn't get too runny - and stir it half way
  5. Stir and pour over oat mixture and then mix, breaking up the dates to disperse throughout
  6. Once thoroughly mixed, transfer into a square cake pan lined with baking paper so they lift out easily
  7. Press down until uniformly flattened and let set in fridge or freezer for 15-20 minutes to harden.
  8. Remove bars from pan and chop into 10 even bars. Store in an airtight container for up to a few days. D-E-L-icious  XD


No comments:

Post a Comment