Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Monday, October 14, 2013

Parmesan Crumbed Baked Fish


I'm not a big fish eater, but I try to eat fish at least once a week. The kids were getting bored with salmon - which is my fish of choice - and begged for something different. This is very very nice and easy to make. I had intended to make this with leather jacket but the shop didn't have it, so I bought hake fillets. Hake is pretty bland so in this case the taste came from the crumbing, but next time I will make it with leather jacket. This serves 4.

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs (I use gluten-free rice crumbs)
  • 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley (I used dried)
  • 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
  • 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • Salt & pepper to taste
  • 4 pieces of fish
  • Spray oil


Method:

  1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius
  2. Combine breadcrumbs, parsley, parmesan, lemon rind, salt & pepper in a bowl, stir to combine 
  3. Drizzle oil over the mixture and stir until breadcrumbs are coated in oil
  4. Press breadcrumb mixture onto the flesh-side of the fish to form an even topping
  5. Place fish, skin-side down onto a baking tray, spray with spray oil
  6. Bake for 15mins or until crumbs are light golden and fish is cooked through
D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment