Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Monday, November 11, 2013

Chicken with rosemary and tomato - low FODMAP


I had grabbed some chicken breast from the freezer this morning, for tonight's dinner, with the intention of making a simple stir fry. However by the time the kids came home and asked what was for dinner - they were disappointed that I was making yet another stir fry!

'Fair enough' I thought. I admit it - I make a lot of stir fries...because they are quick, easy and versatile. But I caved in and began hunting for a chicken recipe which a) I already had the ingredients for; and b) was low FODMAP - suitable for my irritable bowel.

I found a chicken in tomato sauce recipe, which needed adapting for low FODMAP by removing the garlic and onions. Not only is this low FODMAP, it is also low-fat, tasty and easy. This serves 4 and is best served with either pasta, rice, cous cous or mashed potato. Why? Because it has THE BEST SAUCE you've ever tasted!!! We had sauce left over so we grabbed some slices of sour dough and literally plonked the bread into the sauce pan to soak up the juices...then ate it! Yep...it's that kind of sauce.

Ingredients:

  • 500g chicken breast
  • 1 x 400g can diced tomatoes (no garlic or onion added)
  • 1 tablespoon rosemary (I used dried)
  • 1 tablespoon capers, drained
  • 10-12 black olives, pitted and left whole
  • 75ml red wine (optional)
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
Method:
  1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and brown the chicken all over
  2. Add half the rosemary, stir to coat, then set the chicken aside on a plate
  3. In the same pan add the diced tomato, capers, olives, wine and the rest of the rosemary and bring to the boil
  4. Return the chicken to the pan, cover and turn down to simmer for about 20mins, or until the chicken is cooked through
  5. Serve with something which will mop up the sauce...pasta, rice, cous cous or mashed potato. I used gluten-free pasta and also added vegetables...D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment