Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pasta with braised kale


Kale? Yes kale! Apparently kale is the new superfood It is similar to cabbage or spinach, but better tasting. Well thank goodness for that - I'm not particularly keen on spinach - unless it is in a pastry with ricotta ;)

This serves two and is perfect for lunch or as a side dish.

Ingredients:

  • Pasta cooked as per packet instructions - use gluten free pasta if celiac
  • 2 heads of kale, stalks removed and set aside
  • 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
  • ¼ cup good quality olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon paprika
  • ¼ cup water

Method:

  1. Using a vegetable peeler, remove the fibrous stringy outer layer from the stems of the kale and discard
  2. Chop the stems along with the kale leaves and place in a medium sized saucepan
  3. Add the chopped onion, oil, paprika and water
  4. Braise with the lid on over a low heat, stirring occasionally, for 30-40mins
  5. Serve over cooked pasta. It's also nice served over chicken or pork too. D-E-L-icious  XD


No comments:

Post a Comment