Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tofu with Hokkein Noodles


Everybody loves noodles, right? We do in our family, but usually I make noodle dishes with rice vermicelli. Tonight I thought I'd shake things up a bit and use Hokkein noodles instead. This meal is vegetarian and serves four.

Ingredients:

  • 450 grams thick Hokkein noodles
  • 400 gram tin of corn spears
  • 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
  • 1 large handful of snow peas
  • 2 packets of marinated tofu or tofu of your choice cooked to your liking :)
  • 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
  • ¼ cup light soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
  • 1 tablespoon curry powder
  • ¼ cup vegetable stock
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil


Method:

  1. Cook the Hokkein noodles as per packet instructions
  2. Heat wok on medium-high heat and brown the tofu in batches and put aside to keep warm
  3. Heat sesame oil in wok and toss all vegetables often until softened to your liking
  4. In a jug combine the rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, curry and stock and stir well
  5. Drain the noodles and add to the vegetables in the wok
  6. Pour the sauce over the noodles and vegetables in the wok
  7. Toss gently to warm through and then serve. D-E-L-icious


This recipe is so versatile. You could substitute the above vegetables with either carrots, green beans, zucchini, mushrooms, bok choy, broccoli or baby spinach.

1 comment: