Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Infused Water


So the big thing at the moment is infused water, and in Australia it is summer. Summer means bloody hot days where lots of water is required for hydration. We Aussies love beer...and wine...but water is essential in the day to day life of an Aussie.

Plain water can get boring. We can buy mineral water, soda water, tonic water, flavoured water or energy water. But who wants to waste money on those when you can make your own flavoured water?

There are numerous fruits and vegetables you can add to your water, this is my first one and I love it. It tastes so good that I'm drinking more water...and this is good, yeah?!

Ingredients:
  • tap water
  • ice
  • 2 stalks of celery
  • 1 apple, quartered and core removed
  • ½ lemon, peeled and quartered

Method:
Place all ingredients into a jug and keep in the fridge. I covered my jug with plastic wrap in case the leftover meat smell infuses it - which I don't want. Drink from it during the day. Once the jug is empty, fill it again - these fruits and vegetables will last a second time. Some won't though, i.e. berries. I will eat the fruit and veg at the end of the day after dinner for dessert.

D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment