Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Kale Chips



For a low-fat and unprocessed snack you can't go past Kale chips. Kale is so cheap and all you need is some olive oil and seasoning of your choice! These chips are seasoned with paprika, chilli flakes and salt. I make 2 oven trays at a time. You need space because the pieces shouldn't be touching one another. They do shrink though so you may think it looks like a lot, but it won't be in the end.

Method:

  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and grab a bunch of kale (about 250g)
  2. Line oven trays with baking paper
  3. Place the kale leaves (stems discarded) torn into bite size pieces into a large bowl
  4. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil
  5. Sprinkle with paprika
  6. Sprinkle with chilli flakes (add more if you like your snacks hot)
  7. Sprinkle with salt and toss the lot
  8. Lay the leaves out onto oven trays so they don't overlap...the oil needs to dry the leaves so they go crispy
  9. Cook for 15mins swapping trays around half way, or cook until they go crispy.


No comments:

Post a Comment