Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Basil Pasta


I found this recipe and adapted it from one of the 4 ingredients books. It is simple, fast and tasty. It's perfect after a busy day when there is not much energy or time to prepare something special. It serves 4 generous serves.

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups pasta (I used penne)
  • 1 cup frozen vegetables (I used peas, corn & carrots)
  • 1/2 red capsicum, chopped
  • 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
  • 1/2 cup chopped basil
  • 2 tablespoons pureed basil (I used Gourmet Garden tube)
  • 1 onion, peeled and chopped
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 cloves freshly chopped garlic

Method:
  1. Cook the pasta as per packet directions and add the vegetables to the same pan
  2. In a small frypan, fry the onion and garlic in olive oil until the onions go clear
  3. Add the pureed basil and cook with the onion and garlic for 1 minute
  4. Turn off the heat and cover to wait for the pasta and vegetables
  5. Drain the pasta and vegetables when cooked and pour into a large warmed bowl
  6. Add the onion, garlic and pureed basil and stir through
  7. Add the grated parmesan cheese and stir through
  8. Add the freshly chopped basil and serve into 4 bowls.

D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment