Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Leek and Mushroom Quiche


This is the easiest quiche ever and is extremely versatile. You can add 2 cups of your choice of filling. I used 2 cups of sliced mushrooms and leek, but you could add asparagus, capsicum, peas, corn, bacon, cooked chicken, ham or onion.

Ingredients:
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 and 1/2 cups milk
  • 3 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1/2 cup self raising flour
  • 1 and 1/2 cups tasty cheese, grated
  • 1 cup sliced mushrooms
  • 1 cup sliced leek
  • * or 2 cups of filling of your choice, cooked, then left to cool


Method:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius
  2. Cook the mushrooms and leek (or your choice of filling) in a little oil on the stove for a few minutes to soften, place in the fridge to cool
  3. Whisk in a bowl the eggs, milk, butter and flour
  4. Fold in the cheese, leek and mushroom (or your choice of filling)
  5. Pour into a 24cm quiche dish and spread out the mixture evenly
  6. Bake for 40 minutes or until set
  7. Serve hot with vegetables or cold with salad

Note: As mentioned, this recipe is extremely versatile because it offers a choice of fillings. As long as you pre-cook your fillings for a few minutes prior to adding it to the quiche mixture, it will turn out perfectly. You can also add a pastry base if you wish. I blind-baked puff pastry for my base and it added some volume. It truly was D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment