Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Express Satay Noodles


I adapted this recipe from one of Nigella Lawson's and made it for lunch one day. I was amazed at how fast, healthy and delicious is was. It's a must if you're in a rush.

Ingredients:
  • 1 packet of pre-cooked Hokkein noodles
  • 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
  • A handful of green beans, ends removed and halved
  • 1 tablespoon peanut oil
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice
  • 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
  • 2-3 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
  • Small amount of water
  • Fresh coriander for garnishing

Method:
  1. Cook the noodles as per the packet directions and place in a large bowl. Separate with a fork
  2. Place the carrot and beans in a bowl with about a cup of water and steam in the microwave for 3-5 minutes...longer if you don't like crisp vegies
  3. Add the cooked vegies to the bowl of noodles
  4. In a small saucepan on a medium heat add the oils, soy, sweet chilli sauces and lemon juice to the pan and whisk while warming
  5. Add the peanut butter and whisk until mixed through
  6. Add a small amount of water to make the sauce easier to pour
  7. Pour the sauce over the noodles and vegies
  8. Toss well to coat the noodles with sauce
  9. Place into deep bowls and garnish with coriander
This dish is extremely fast, healthy and tasty. It is also very versatile. You can substitute the vegetables for snow peas, brocollini, corn spears and even bean sprouts...D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment