Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mustard Chicken with Red Onion Vegies


I found the Mustard Chicken recipe in a 4 Ingredients book and served it with a side of sauteed green beans, capsicum and my Red Onion Jam. It is a family winner because it is similar to crumbed chicken, but is lighter in taste and calories. It serves 4.

Ingredients for Mustard Chicken:
  • 6 tablespoons of cornflour
  • 4 chicken breasts sliced into strips
  • 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
  • 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
  • Salt & pepper to taste

Ingredients for Red Onion Vegies:
  • 3 or 4 handfuls of green beans, ends removed
  • 2 red capsicums, sliced into strips
  • 3 or 4 tablespoons of Red Onion Jam
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • Salt & pepper to taste

Method for Mustard Chicken:
  1. Season cornflour with salt & pepper
  2. Toss chicken in seasoned flour to coat.
  3. Heat a non-stick frying pan and fry on all sides until lightly browned
  4. Stir in stock and mustard and bring to the boil
  5. Turn down to a simmer and leave uncovered for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked and sauce has thickened.

Method for Red Onion Vegies:
  1. Heat the butter and oil in a medium sized saucepan on a high heat
  2. Add green beans and stir
  3. Add capsicum and stir
  4. Add salt & pepper and stir
  5. Turn down to low, put the lid on and steam the vegies for about 10-15 minutes depending on how crisp you like them
  6. Just before serving, add the Red Onion Jam and stir through unitl warm

To finish: Place the Mustard Chicken on a warm plate with the vegies on the side. There will be some juice in the vegies so pour it over the top.  D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment