Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Monday, January 12, 2015

Granola



This is the first time I've made Granola and I was very pleased with the result. This Granola is so nice that it can be eaten raw like cereal muesli, or toasted. I decided to toast it so we could eat it both for cereal and for snacking.

Ingredients:
  • 3½ cups rolled oats 
  • 1 cup raw whole, or slivered, or flaked or sliced almonds - I used slivered
  • 1 cup raw cashews (or walnuts or pecans) - I used cashews
  • 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut - do not use desiccated as it's too fine
  • ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
  • ½ cup raw pepita seeds
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1½ teaspoons ground ginger
  • ½ teaspoon grated or ground nutmeg
  • 6 tablespoons olive spread or nutella
  • ½ cup honey
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (not essence)
  • ½ teaspoon salt

Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 120 degrees celsius. Cover a baking tray with baking paper
  2. Mix the dry oats, almonds, cashews, coconut, seeds and spices together in a large mixing bowl
  3. Heat the butter and honey together in a small saucepan over low heat, or quickly zap it in the microwave. Once melted stir in the vanilla and salt
  4. Pour the hot liquids over the dry ingredients and mix together with a rubber spatula until evenly coated
  5. Spread mixture onto prepared pan in one even layer. Bake for about 70 minutes or until it has browned
  6. Store in air tight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks
This is what the Granola looks like uncooked...


D-E-L-icious XD

No comments:

Post a Comment